Sunday, March 30, 2008

Again!!?!?!


I was doing a bit of trolling to-day and found a couple of interesting articles that I think merit posting on this site.

One refers to Loblaws and the infamous Pear Juice recall of late.

Tainted juices pulled from Loblaws' shelves
Arsenic in organic children's pear drinks puzzles investigators
Louisa Taylor , The Ottawa Citizen (see complete article ...)

While I was browsing that site I came across another one.... this time about Food Safety... again.

Safety at the table
The Leader-Post (Regina 2008) (See complete article..)

Things have been reasonably quiet of late but these articles and concerns about Food Safety keep popping up. The Tainted Juice story came along quick enough to just put the cap on the jug, so to speak.

The Leader-Post takes readers partway down the road of 'what if'. In my opinion this is just the beginning because far too few have thought that one out.

What if .. our border closes again? It is far from impossible... all it could take is a little bird flu epidemic in the wrong place. What if a major processor is shut down for contamination of some sort? What if we have more drought in the wrong county? What if ... gas becomes too expensive or in short supply?

How will we feed ourselves then? I really don't want to think about this one. It means one heck of a lot of HARD work. I have canned and preserved and stored food before. It is not an activity that I am keen to return to ... but like a lot of consumers out there if I must, I must and will. - CG

No comments: